I just can't get back into this clappy.
I don't know if it's the yarn (Rayon), or the colors, or the pattern. This is my second try; the first was with a lovely tencel-alpaca blend that I frogged before the first dropped stitch. I just can't pick it up again. That's a lie. I pick it up, and put it back down over and over.
Thing is, the rayon is very nice and drapey. It's perfect for the pattern, if not a bit thin. So, I can't imagine frogging it and knitting something else with the yarn. What do you think? Finish? Frog? Pull a Scarlet O-Hara and think about it tomorrow? I need opinions people!
Posted by ShannonAnn at 10:56 AM
1. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)
yarn, fabric, chocolate, office supplies (I know), coffee
1.a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your paranormal pal?
I hope not
2. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
Mad-Color Weave socks, Randy Reindeer Hat, Shetland Shorty, Widdershins,
2.a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet?
There's no rhyme or reason to what i pick
2.b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday?
Wavy lace shawl
3. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why?
chocolate, stationary, stitch markers, pretty yarn, something to remind me of my swap buddy
3.a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)?
fun fur or anything made with novelty yarn
4. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?
Yarn is like children, I can't pick a favorite.
4.a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns?
Same color variegated or solid.
4.b. What are your favorite colors?
What are your favorite colors to knit with?
Jewel-tones, Brown, any shade of purple
5. What are your five favorite delicacies?
good chocolate and coffee
5.a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why?
6. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
knitting, Ravelry, sleeping late
6.a. What are your favorite tv or movie charactors?
The guys from psych and Bones. The "Top Gear" hosts.
7. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
Saturday, Sunday, Friday night, dessert, Starbucks on occasion
7.a. What do you do during your week (ie - work, take care of three kids, race walk)?
I'm a project director for a Longitudinal Database Project at a small research institute.
8. What do you collect?
skulls and crossbones, bells,
8.a. What collects you?
9. When is your birthday?
9.a. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Halloween, I love to decorate and try to outdo myself each year.
10. Do you have any wishlists?
11. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about?
11.a. What drives you nuts?
bad drivers, yarn with sticks in it (Noro!!!!)
12. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun?
work- research, fun- gardening and crafting
12.a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
Move to Paris for a year
13. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
I can't wait!!!!
Posted by ShannonAnn at 4:10 PM